Do you wake up energized and well rested? The majority of people in the world will answer this question with no. Sleep is a daily necessity for every human body big or small, there is no escaping it. Sleep is essential to a healthy life. During sleep your muscles get repaired, memories are formed, information is processed and your blood pressure, hormone level, heart rate and breathing are regulated. Unfortunately many suffer from restless nights for one reason or another. The questions is, how well do you sleep?
If you experience any of the following symptoms during sleep, you are most-likely not sleeping well and should discuss the symptoms with your doctor.
- Irritable upon waking up.
- Holding breath.
- Lack energy throughout the day.
- Trouble concentrating.
- Kicking while sleeping.
- Leg cramps.
- Trouble staying awake during the day.
- Wake up in the middle of the night and can’t fall back to sleep.
- Wake up several times a night gasping for breath.
- Pounding heart beat upon waking up.
- Excessive sweat every night.
- Frequent sore throats.
- Feeling paralyzed during sleep.
- Falling asleep while driving.
- Thinking and worrying too much that leads to lack of sleep.
Many of these symptoms are caused by a variety of issues including stress due to anxiety and worry. Common sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy and sleep paralysis can be treated and corrected with the help of a physician. If you are not aware of any symptoms, keeping a sleep journal next to your bed will help increase your chance of solving your sleep issues. Write down any symptoms you experience during the night and discuss them with your doctor. Everyone deserves to get a good night sleep.